PARADISE PROPS Part 3
So this will be my last post about the props of Paradise Towers. If you haven’t seen them, here is parts one and two. I had said there would be a part 4. But I’ve ended up rolling it all my remaining stuff into one jumbo post. Here we go!
ALIENS, 1986
And we are right back with Aliens. These lockers are the first thing I’m going to look at.
PARADISE TOWERS, 1987
And here are those lockers in Paradise Towers. But this isn’t their first appearance in Doctor Who because the year before they were in….
TERROR OF THE VERVOIDS, 1986
Vervoids does seem linked to Paradise Towers, prop wise. I’d already mentioned those red beams in my first post and here you can see the lockers in the background. But that’s not all because I’d previously missed that this story features the Aliens tool boxes I’d mentioned here. You can see them in the foreground and in the roof space.
Back to Paradise Towers and the Fountain of Happiness Square. On the floor to the left of the TARDIS is a small yellow cylindrical thingy.
And it’s back Terror of the Vervoids again where you can see two of them. This time in silver.
And it all comes round again as I think I have found one in Aliens. It’s in the foreground on the right of this screen grab.
Now, one of the things you’ll find if you go searching for Paradise Towers online is that at least one of the many drums seen on screen still features the logo of the Weyland-Yutani Corp from Aliens. Here is one, it’s never fully on screen but you can just about the right hand part of the ‘W’. I’ve tried to bump up the contrast so you can see it better. But here’s the thing. For the life of me I can’t find this prop in Aliens. I don’t doubt that it’s there, especially given how many other Aliens props are in Paradise Towers. But so far it’s alluded me. If you find it, let me know.
But here is a possible match on the drums. The blue drum outside the Rezzie’s home…..
…looks like these ones from Aliens. Now these drums are probably commercially available items so it might just be a coincidence. But come on now, Paradise Towers is just choc full of Aliens stuff!
And finally, just for completeness sake, it’s a prop I have posted before. It’s not from Aliens this time but it is from the dawn of Doctor Who. The white statue on the right is from An Unearthly Child and a whole lot more. Read about it here.
And that concludes my epic look at Paradise Towers. I’ll be back next week with something different.
Comments
Post a Comment