MINI REELS
This week I’m looking at a little group of props that, although they are not identical, definitely share a common DNA. My posts typically present the props in chronological order. But on this occasion I’ll be doing it in the order that I found them.
THE MIND OF EVIL, 1971
The item of interest here is the short grey console with four tape reels on the front.
THE CLAWS OF AXOS, 1971
And here’s what sparked my interest. I spotted in Axos that there are two of these units. You don’t get a good look at them but from what we can see they also have the reels on the front. Where they differ from the Mind of Evil one is the top. All three examples have a different arrangement of controls.
THE DOOMBOLT CHASE, 1978
This example from the late 70’s looks like it matches the one on the left of the Axos pic. If you look at the top you can see four circular dials and a small black spinner control.
THE WEB OF FEAR, 1968
And here’s my most recent find. I think I must have discounted it in the past as it doesn’t feature the front tapes. But the shape of the unit is a match. And if you look at the top it has the same four dials and spinner as the Axos/Doombolt example.
And that’s it for this week. As always, the hunt continues, and as these props span at least ten years I’m sure they will crop up elsewhere.
Comments
Post a Comment